[dungeoncrawl] Re: New Campaign World Ideas

  • From: Johnathan Detrick <jdetrick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dungeoncrawl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 08:20:05 -0500

    I really like your idea of Amrikol attempting to destroy the great
library, and Zolkiir deciding to save it by making it a floating city.
That sort of thing is what will make the campaign world more detailed
and interesting.  It also presents some interesting logistical
problems.  How does the city eat?  Where does it get water from?  The
Great Library was never intended to be a self-sustaining city, but it
was forced into that role to survive.  Now the problems inherent in a
city cut off from the world come to the foreground and must be solved.
Knowing Zolkiir, their solutions would be interesting indeed!
    The plot you mention with Dennis has tons of possibilities.  Even if
it's just used as a legend it's neat, but I'm sure that some
unscrupulous individuals may wish to find those bodies, perhaps to use
them to gain the power of a deity for themselves.  I can imagine that
all of the deities may band together to stop this.  Even the evil ones
have the potential to lose something if their bodies were discovered.
It could result in some interesting theological alliances.  In fact,
what if Dennis has spread the bodies out (and maybe even moves them from
time to time)?  So Faceous and Talon's bodies are both hidden in the
same place.  Some mortals are almost there. Do Faceous and Talon form an
alliance to protect their bodies from harm?