[dungeoncrawl] Re: My Characters

  • From: Johnathan Detrick <jdetrick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dungeoncrawl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 09:36:20 -0400

widderslainte wrote:

> [...]

    I think that Ancalagon could have death in his portfolio, but maybe not
"the dead."  Can we separate the two, or are we then just splitting hairs?

> > Amrikol:  God of destruction, tyranny, and, conquest.  You
> > know, bad stuff that hurts people.
>
> I could see him having mortals start a church proclaiming him to be "The
> One True God" and everyone else his divine servants.
>
> > Talon:  God of murder, assassins, poison (of course - what
> > did you think?)
>
> Deception?

    I would prefer to save deception for someone else.  Not to belittle
Talon (my favorite member of the Black Legion), but I think deception fits
other characters better.

> > Iludriss:  Demipower of madness, despair, and the fog of war
> > (maybe, maybe not - he might just be a divine agent).  I
> > figure if the orc gods can exist, so can this wacko.
>
> Nice.  Do you have anyone covering war or violence in general?

    Not right now.  Maybe Baish will get that.

> > Nibrodius:  CN.  God of natural disasters - fires, floods,
> > etc.  God of misfortune.
>
> Cool.  Very cool.

    I agree.  I'm so glad Jim didn't go the cliché route and just makes him
the god of fire.

> > Marcus Drake:  NE.  God of cowardice, betrayal, blind loyalty.
>
> Would anyone worship that?  Maybe there's a better description of the
> portfolio.

    Marcus may be a god with few worshippers, but that you placate to keep
cowardice away.  Kind of like Umberlee.  I can see his clerics spreading
fear and betraying people.  I think this has potential to be interesting.

> > The Forester:  Not a god; an immortal servant and
> > spokesperson for Amrikol.
> >
> > Talosaard:   CG.  Lesser power of duty, loyalty, sacrifice,
> > and humility.
> > Patron of bodyguards.  *** Major concern: does CG really fit
> > this portfolio?
>
> Well, I had a reasoning behind *him* being chaotic good.  I don't how
> that fits as a god.  But he was loyal to Magnus, even though he was
> often in conflict with local ordinances.
>
> What about Prit?

    Ye gods, I've thought about using Prit a few times.  I'm not sure if
this character should be immortalized or not.  :)  I'm a tad concerned about
bringing back the dead, except for Nelik.