[dungeoncrawl] Re: My Characters

  • From: Johnathan Detrick <jdetrick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dungeoncrawl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 09:28:37 -0400

    I agree that the characters involved get first crack at everything.  Anyone
we would bring in gets the crumbs.  Once again, it only makes sense.  We should
only be bringing other characters in once we figure out the people that went on
the mission, and we see if we have holes.  I think we should nail down who wants
to be a god from the main group, then nail down their portfolios.  From there,
we can see if we need others.
    And yes, we will have multiple characters that want the same portfolio, but
I think we can find ones that fit for all of the ones that went along, at least.

    I think Dennis should be a major power, just because he had the tooth.  But
I love your description of him!  It's great!  However, Zolkiir would like the
knowledge portfolio.  Any chance of that?
    Shawn Barrick and I had spoken of Ancalagon before, and he's not sure he
would want to be the God of Death.  He believes Ancalagon is more interested in
playing and experimenting with people than he is killing them.  Something to
think about.  I would actually love to see the Death Portfolio go to someone
that doesn't want it.  What if someone decides, for example, that Magnus should
be the God of Death, because he killed so many people?  (Please, please don't do
this.)  That's going to affect the deity he becomes.  Could be interesting.
    Mileena will be the hardest to do, since she doesn't have a lot of history
with the group.  I don't know about temptation.  It doesn't quite seem to fit.
Hmmm.  She is a toughie.
    I like Ambrosia, but I would rather not bring any deities from other systems
over if we can help it.  It's natural Ambrosia might want to allow Sharess, but
I would prefer we didn't.  I think foreign gods trying to muscle their way in
should happen, but should be the focus of plots in the future.
    Your description of Ilusdris gives me more hope for him as a demipower.  You
may be able to sway me on this one.
    Zolkiir does NOT want to be god of magic.  I said a lot about him in my
e-mail yesterday.  Let me say that Zolkiir is not as interested in magic.  It's
a means to an end to him at this time.  Remember, he has traveled the planes and
flown in an X-Wing.  Knowledge in general is more important to him, as are
inventions and technology.
    I wouldn't set Talosaard's portfolio up as you did, because it doesn't fit a
CG person.  I would go along the lines of protection.