[dungeoncrawl] Re: Monster deities

  • From: Johnathan Detrick <jdetrick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dungeoncrawl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 14:23:40 -0400

    I wonder if some of this would be subconscious?  Kind of like in
Ghostbusters with the Stay-Puff Marshmallow Man?  :)  Seriously though, if
someone said, create a world, even if you thought you didn't want evil in it,
you would almost certainly be thinking of some and would create some.  That's
also why they may be a little different from the humanoids we are used to now;
they become warped by the way the characters subconsciously portray the
monsters, instead of the way they actually are.
    The other reason they may exist is because of the overpower (we'll call him
Ao, for the sake of expediency).  Ao has already declared that the world must
contain evil gods; no doubt he would also demand evil creatures.