[dungeoncrawl] Monday News

  • From: "Jim and Karen" <jimkaren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dungeoncrawl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 22:51:09 -0400

Guys (particularly Keith),

I'm sorry to say that Monday isn't going to work out.  I've tried to balance
my obligations in such a way that we could play that night, primarily
because Keith is free, but the math just isn't adding up.

At this point, this coming Saturday is my only definite chance to finish our
shed.  We invested heavily in it this year, and worked on it periodically
throughout the summer, but it really took a pounding in September.  The roof
has almost completely ripped off, the sides are caving in, and we need to
find some way to get the sliding doors assembled.  Either that, or eat
hundreds of dollars and several weekends and then get rid of a huge pile of
scap (not to mention loss of storage on the property for the winter).

At any point, a high wind or severe storm could knock the thing over and do
it in.  This Saturday marks the only time when my Dad (and hopefully
brothers) will be free to help repair and finish it.  I even have a bad back
right now, but I need to work from 10-dusk, with any luck.  Sunday, we have
a family get together in York - it won't give us much time that day.  As far
as future weekends are concerned, I have the last weekend in October, but my
dad will be in Europe.  Matt mentioned being free that morning, but other
than that, I'd have to go it alone.  I can't chance going into November on
account of the weather, so it's this weekend or none.

To really compound this, my inlaws have a collapsing roof on their art
studio.  I'm actually dissing them to finish my shed, but they're cool with
it.  But I can forget help from that end either.

OK, enough of the shed.  The other problem I have is that we've been
promising Jelena a trip to the Aquarium in Baltimore (we're not going to the
Zoo with that maniac loose down in DC).  We obviously can't go Saturday or
Sunday, as I'd work on the shed by myself Monday, get nothing done, and be
back where I started.

Understand, I'd love to play Monday night.  This is a book because I'd
prefer that over anything - I feel bad that it doesn't seem possible.   But
I don't see another alternative.  If you guys want to go Thursday instead,
let me know - otherwise, consider another possiblity.  I have sort of a
"stand alone" plot that someone could use to incorporate Keith's characters
in the current adventure, if you guys want to get together Monday without
me.  That would make me feel better than Thursday, because then Keith could
play.

Let me know - if someone sees a possible solution that I can't think of, I'm
open to ideas (short of chancing a shed loss) -

Jim