[dungeoncrawl] Re: Magic items

  • From: "Robert Deibler" <rdeibler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dungeoncrawl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 10:51:14 -0500

I agree its all up to the DM to tweak the game to make it new exciting and
dangerous. The character sjust are more powerfull in general. Feats hit bonus
ect.. But I like how detailed they are now. The skills and feats make the
characters unique.
I agree with the monster level idea, as a dm its difficult to just generate
these quickly and keep flow and believe ability (feats, skills, ect..) a auto
generator or pregenerated templates are nice...
I had a blast last night I threw a new creature at Crista's Kate character, Its
called a raggamuffyn. a magically generated monster made from dormant or stale
magic. Its looks liek a pile of, clothes, dirt, weaponsor metal blowing around.
But if it can touch you it will try to grapple you and dominate you as a host,
wrapping ist subject up in itself. She had no Idea how to fight it , plus what
do you do when its wrapped around you? If hit while on someone it take 1/2
damaeg and the other perwson takes the other 1/2. She was lost and it took her
a while to keep it contained and away from everyone else unitl they finally
destroyed it. (Challenge rating 3). I liked throwing teh new monsters in so it
was not alway a purple flamingo go for the legs. The new Monster manual has
given me a new cook book for fun. I wish I had the time to write my own. I
think I will have to try that some time.