[dungeoncrawl] Re: Hello?

  • From: "Jim and Karen" <jimkaren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dungeoncrawl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 21:57:28 -0500

I see what you're saying on the bow thing - it's not something that he
should base his opinion on.  I guess it's more for my benefit, that it seems
like she thinks it's in the group's best interest to off him if given a
plausible reason.

To be honest, the "geek" thing sort of rankled me automatically - I have a
deep-seated dislike of people who would single anyone out to treat like a
"geek", and it's hard to see that as a good quality for a character.  But I
didn't take it as a sign of your own point of view.

Just as explanation, his handling of Tori with the orc incident came from
his own point of view that he was in a situation where all of the sailors
were dead, one orc was alive, and he had no idea of where thy were or why
they were fighting - he was fine with killing the orc, but couldn't
understand why another minute to do so mattered.

I think his own low opinion of Tori was solidified when she wasted a healing
potion just to make a point - it seemed like a really dumb thing to do to
him.

Personally, I like your character, and I think you're doing a fine job
running her - but I do agree with Damon that we both need to be careful
playing this out.  Just like Cullen and Kage fighting could lead John and I
down the path of role confusion, I'd hate to see the same thing happen
between you and me -