[dungeoncrawl] Re: Campaign Thoughts

  • From: Damon Kline <damon.kline@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'dungeoncrawl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <dungeoncrawl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 09:51:08 -0400

Okay, I really don't have too many expectations for the Riders at this
point.  I expect that they will succeed, but then I always reserve a bit of
conscious that says, "Maybe they won't succeed.  What then?"  Well, as John
said, if they don't succeed, that could be just as interesting.  I'm not
sure how well the Riders would fair against a consortium of powerful evil
deities, but they would at least give it one hell of a shot.

In the past couple of years, I think that we have all grown as people and as
players.  I have learned to just let the DM do whatever he wants to.  If all
of my characters die and I have to start over, so be it.  If Jim decides
that the Riders get to a world and become Gods, only to find out that the
world is inhabited completely by chickens, so be it.  My point is that I try
not to have any expectations, because I want the DM to have complete control
and I don't want to influence his ideas.  My characters don't have any
control over what the DM decides to do, so neither should I.

If Jim wants to break tradition and give my characters some items that they
don't have to make Wisdom checks to use...so be it!!!  :)  Sorry Jim, I
couldn't resist.

On that note though, Quasit and Baish are severely low on items.  Most of
Quasit's were technological and most of Baish's were destroyed along with
Sir Malcolm's by that bitch of a priestess that they fought on the Pirate
Isles.

Baish did really well in his fight with Rig, as he usually does, but he was
also in a gladiatorial arena.  Most of his abilities as a gladiator rely on
that type of setting, so he was getting bonuses that he normally wouldn't
get.  Anyway...

Suffice it to say that whatever happens to these Riders, I'll work with it!
Go Jim!!