[drivingpairs] Re: yoke? and my new WCC mustang...

  • From: Don & Judy Hayes <don.l.hayes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 09:42:34 -0600

If prefer a yoke. The attachment point to their collars should be the same
distance apart as the distance from center to center of the single trees.
This keeps them straight. The pole can be much shorter with a yoke. When
using a narrow crab, the pole needs to be longer to try to offset the fact
that they are not attached straight in the first place. Depending on the
method used to attach the collars to the yoke, I've had from about 4" to
about 10" from collar to yoke end. I like them to be close, but still have a
little sideways movement available.

For rough, cross country driving, let the animals carry the pole. If it is
suspended (or fixed) in some way, the yoke can put some real up & down
forces on the collars.

Have fun!

Don Hayes        Keep driving!
Chana, IL