[drivingpairs] Re: what's new with everybody??

  • From: Bob Ashworth <bashworth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 18:37:23 -0800 (PST)

Well,

Its been a quiet week here in Lake Woebegone --- OOPs, I mean here
in Raymond.
The big event of the season is the annual Raymond Christmas Drive,
held last Saturday. Seems to be a tradition to have this event the
same day as High Tea in Woodland.
I got the girls out to hitch as a  pair for the first time in
months. All went well and the only problem was what to do with 10
pounds of pony hair after cleaning them up a little.
The drive was beautiful, as many miles as you wanted down a country
dirt road with a view of the snow covered Sierra. Some people did a
little Christmas decorating on their carriages and horses. Only one
went over the top. Joan Ervin's Connemara was wearing antlers and a
red nose. Connemaras may not be perfect but they are very forgiving
of their silly people.

Bob Ashworth
Raymond, CA