[drivingpairs] what we do and what we sell

  • From: Highhopesfarm@xxxxxxx
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 12:09:19 EST

We raise train and drive Welsh  ponies, section A's and B's.  I like to put
together pairs.  We do the  breed shows, pleasure shows including Walnut Hill
and CDE's.  I also ride  most of Welsh ponies. Our web site is:
_www.highhopesfarms.com_ (http://www.highhopesfarms.com/)

I started with one Welsh pony in 1978, Sheik. Who pasted away last August  at
46 years old.  When I out grew him for riding my family started driving  him.
 First my dad then my brother and finally me.  My brother was  Grand Champion
at Walnut Hill with Sheik, quite an accomplishment.
I also rode event horses growing up.  Now I concentrate on dressage  and
driving.  I break and train riding and driving ponies.  For  myself and others.
give lessons especially to 4-H kids and those who  want to learn to drive.
My husband Jon Bates is a welsh judge and  like the hunters.  Of course I did
teach him to drive and he grooms for me  with my pairs.  Our son Witt does the
leadline class at the welsh shows and  a few local open shows. We keep very
busy.
We currently have 20+ Welsh ponies.  Which include three pairs and  numerous
single driving and riding ponies.  We are expecting three foals  this year.
One section A, and two Section B.  A is High Hopes Miata x  Brookside Star
Buster.  B's are Waxwing curtain Call x Morton's Best Man  and Fferm Gwenffrwd
Beginners Luck x Hilin Peredur.

What do I sell?  That a good question.  My husband will sell  anything on the
farm, sometime I think he would sell me if he could.  I am  a keeper.  I hate
to part with anything.  But we do sell some ponies,  carriages and harness.
We also sell Cavalier King Charles Spaniels and  Lowline cattle (look like
miniature angus cows).  Lowline make great 4-H  show steers and they eat good
as
well.  I also sell audiobooks on  Ebay.  Great for the road trip to shows.
Seller id is hhfarm1.
Currently have a pair of chestnut Section A mares for sale,  a hitch  wagon,
team draft harness, some of last years foals and this years foals.   I also
have a few pony vehicles to sell all in show condition.

Sarah, Jon  and Witt Bates
9096 County Rd. 14
Honeoye Falls, NY 14472
(585)  624-7637