[drivingpairs] Re: transporting carriages across the USA

  • From: Peter & Rachel Eldred <preldred@xxxxxxx>
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 07:38:12 -0800

There must be some kind of law that says when the perfect horse and/or
carriage comes up for sale, it will be on the wrong side of the country.

Just for the sake of comparison, when I bought my new VSE PAIR carriage
(see? It's multiple related) I had to have it shipped from PA to Portland,
Oregon. My original transport fell through and I had to take a last-minute
deal. I think I ended up paying $825US. I think it was a freight transporter
and it was delivered with another carriage. The dealer arranged it for me.

Rachel in BC