[drivingpairs] Re: trace extenders

  • From: Stephanie Sher <ssher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: drivingpairs <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 15:30:54 -0500

Beverly wrote:
> I need connections from a trace with slots to a singletree with steel loops.
> Would the carabineers provide a portion of this connection?

Now, I need the other way.  My Zilco pairs harness is much nicer than my shiny
biothane single harness and it will convert to single harness.  The only
problem
is that the pairs harness has traces with rings on the end for my carriage, but
my Meadowbrook needs slots.  Anybody tried this kind of conversion?  I can't
just put the rings over the pronged ends of the singletree, because they fall
off if we're not in draft :)  Maybe I could try a piece of leather with slots
in
both ends that would span the singletree on the outside of the rings?
Stephanie
Blasted Rock Farm Icelandics