[drivingpairs] three abreast

  • From: "David McWethy" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 08:02:16 -0500

I'm glad you brought it up, Dell.  It is quite commonly done, and was a plan
urged on me, but I think it is a bad idea, particularly in a hitch where the
horses might trot.  For plowing it might be okay, but is still not as good
as the method I described.  Having your bungees go back to the center
horse's collar is what enables the center horse to help you stop the outer
ones.  You would not have this advantage with the jockey sticks.

I don't take any credit for invention, by the way, but I can say I have
tested it extensively!

Dave