[drivingpairs] tandemania strikes again

  • From: Peter & Rachel Eldred <preldred@xxxxxxx>
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 11:38:17 -0700

Well I think I can now officially be called a tandemaniac. I drove my =
tandem
of VSEs in our fall fair this weekend and we lived to tell about it.
Actually they were just great and even stood like rocks in between =
classes
to be hugged and mobbed by all the children. We were in a Pleasure =
driving
class and a Reinsmanship class with 3 single pony drivers, the largest =
being
a Fjord, (not a lot of drivers at this fair) and we even managed to win =
the
Reinsmanship. Then we switched over to pair harness and drove the two =
speed
classes, finishing second and third out of five.=20
One of our junior drivers is 11 years old and drives a mini about 32=94 =
tall
and of course his mom rides with him. He's been practicing very =
seriously
and he wowed us by galloping the whole cones class cleanly. He won the
class!=20
It was a very fun day and the spectators seemed to really enjoy it. I =
know
we did.
Rachel in BC
(where we had to clip those fuzzy coats off last week because these =
ponies
are getting ready for fall!)

--=20
Checked by AVG Free Edition.