[drivingpairs] speaking of tandem

  • From: "Diane Kastama" <dkastama@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 07:22:55 -0700

I drove my pair tandem this weekend, for the first time.  My only experience
was about 5 years ago I drove an experienced tandem once, and then I drove
Hardy's 4 twice:-)  I drive these horses single and pair and thought why not
try tandem.  So I was haveing a clinic with Hardy at the Driven Dressage
Festival and I was going to take a lesson driving them as pair,  but I said
we have plenty of help, lets try tandem.  Hardy definetly got his
exercise:-)  The boys did great.  And it was a lot of fun.  I might switch
around who is leader the next time and see.  Though about everytime I got
the hang of it and the leader got the hang of it we would stop.  I do have
to say I left the chain up on the dressage field.

Diane Kastama