[drivingpairs] source for jacket

  • From: "C. Brooks" <draftmolly@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 10:28:37 -0400 (EDT)

I've tried those *vests* before but they all seem built for broad shouldered
construction workers and I waste too much attention trying to keep the darn
thing up on my shoulders.  When it did fall off my shoulders it interferred
with my arm movement and position.  When I'm driving the last thing I want is
to have my focus distracted so I preferred the jacket.  My last one was just a
shell so I could wear something warm underneath it on cold days and just a
t-shirt in warmer weather.

Thanks for some good ideas tho' maybe I'll just buy a hunting jacket and add
the reflective tape.  We are ready to ground drive near the highway and I want
to make sure we are VERY visable.  So many moose in this area that traffic
doesn't even slow for them any more.  I plan on staying in the ditch but do
want to get *some* pavement under our feet when the traffic is quiet.  With the
hi-vis clothing I won't be smeared on the front bumper of some crazed driver or
shot by some hunter in the fall.

I plan on using the same jacket when I start driving because it will just make
the whole cart more noticable.  Maybe I should just paint the cart neon orange
;-)

Cindy