[drivingpairs] Re: slacking off

  • From: "Barbara Kurtz" <winddancefrm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 09:25:57 -0400

Marged,
    Sounds like a good article...  As I wrote several days ago(post
below)...that's exactly what Andy Marcoux cautioned about my very forward
mare.  In fact, as I was really concentrating on my slower gelding using the
whip a bit...Andy started "pretend" hitting my husband who was standing by
Andy.   Trying to get my attention to see that I should not be so focused on
going to the whip w/my "lazy" gelding who was walking off like I asked, but
also half halting and insisting that my little mare step off lightly and
listen to me.  Good illustration...I thought...as I was not quite listening
to Andy and really concentrating on the gelding who was actually doing
exactly what I asked...why reprimand him(why reprimand my husband)...and not
the "rude" little mare(the whip who wasn't paying attention).
Barbara in Ohio
Wind Dance Ponies