[drivingpairs] Re: pony presentation vehicles// question ref pony pedigrees

  • From: "Merrie Morgan Stevens" <roadrunner-ranch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2003 06:03:58 -0700

Hi Laura,

No, my ponies are not Merrie Mill ponies, they are all High Sierra ponies.
They come from a bit of a strange place just across town from me here in
Ridgecrest, California, called Lotta Dot Farms.  The ponies are all
different shades of chestnut with socks, big blazes and very athletic
builds.  They have quite high knee action which leads many folks to ask me
if they are Hackney ponies.  Many Welsh people seem to know the foundation
stallion, Tyford Storm.  I'm not a Welsh person, or even for that matter, a
pony person - well I wasn't until I found these little guys.  I now have
eight of them (preparing for a future team)! These ponies have tons of heart
and can be quite FAST. :-)
Merrie