[drivingpairs] Re: politics

  • From: Mike & Marjean McIntyre <Tenpenny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "INTERNET:drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 19:45:47 -0400

Message text written by INTERNET:drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm sorry, but I have to correct some mis-information here.  USAEq,
formerly AHSA,
has "forever" been the FEI recognized NGB for the US.  The problem was wi=
th
the
USOC, a body that is also under question.  For many years the USET and AH=
SA
shared
some of the duties of a NGB, but some of the individuals involved got int=
a tif,
and the agreements blew up, with lots of resulting law suits, and wasted
money.

Cooler heads finally prevailed, and USAEq and USET have gotten together t=
form a
new entity that will function as the NGB for Equestrian.  The new name
escapes me,
but USET and USAEq will both still exist under the new organization, but
with
separate functions that are somewhat similar to their old functions.  The=

new NGB
structure meets the legal requirements under the US statute setting up th=
USOC,
which governs the Olympic and Pan-American Games teams.<

I don't know who posted this because it's not signed,  but thanks if the
information I gave wasn't 100% correct.  I have been lost amoung all the
legal wraggling for the last couple years, and thought I had it right at
least.  Anyway,  what I DO know, is that the USAEq has the final say, and=

must approve the selections made by the USET. =

Marjean =