[drivingpairs] politics

  • From: "drivingpairs" <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Pairs List" <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 10:28:04 -0500

OK, members, let's get political!!!!

Pairs selection:   Noel is in charge of whatever we're going to do about the
course we take on this subject.

TV sports:   Coincidentally, last night I was thinking about what to do
regarding the lack of driving horse sports on TV.   While I do not receive the
Horse Channel with my satellite server(DirectTV), I do receive RFDTV.   They do
have some very good  horse programming, but no driving.   Last night I watched
Larry Poulin's brother, and others giving a ridden dressage clinic.   My
thought was, "if they can have a ridden dressage program with his brother, why
can't they have a driven dressage clinic with Larry".    Then I started
thinking about all the other whips who could be used.    www.rfdtv.com is the
website.   Anyone wishing to add their 2 cents worth, can go there.

I wrote to DirectTV about not having any worthwhile horse sports.   They wrote
back telling me about their wonderful horse race programming.   To which I
responded with a few choice words about my opinion on THAT subject.   Bottom
line:   I doubt they will do anything about it.   I even sent them a list of
driving websites to visit so they could see how large our sport is.

The forum is open..................

Helen