[drivingpairs] pole yokes

  • From: "sterling graburn" <sterling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 07:54:34 -0600

If using a yolk that  rotates fore and aft, a concern was voiced that the
inside horse on a turn would move too close to the carriage. If the inside
horse is properly forward, this should not be a problem If it is, you
probably have too short traces. On another note. I do use breeching when I
start my horses, as the jump starting you have sometimes with young horses
in a pair can bring dramatic bumps, but I also teach my multiple horses that
things bumping into their hocks is not a big deal. None of mine will run off
if they happen to bump a hock, and it does remind them to keep forward.
Sterling