[drivingpairs] new member with lots of questions

  • From: Mike & Marjean McIntyre <Tenpenny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "INTERNET:drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 09:21:57 -0400

As usual, Hardy has come up with a simple brilliant idea  VBG.  Although,=
 =

I am sure he would be happy to ding me in presentation for the tape  VBG.=
 =

Anyway,  I am going to try and get some pictures.  Several seem facinated=

by whatever the arrangement I have is.  It is somewhat comforting to know=

it is apparently unusual, and I wasn't just to dumb to figure it out.  LO=
In the mean time, the vast majority of you seem to think it is imperative=

that I have false martingales.  So yesterday, I boxed up some pieces, =

including the 6 in hand reins that came with it  (LOL)  and sent them off=

to Daniel at Country Harness.  I ordered false martingales to go from the=
on the front of the breastcollar that the pole strap connects to, and am
having a D put on the loop around the girth.  Then I ordered straps that
will go from the breeching D to the girth, and longer straps that will go=

from the breeching D and loop through the trace buckle like the original
ones, only much longer.  I figure the straps can't be very expensive, and=

one arrangement or the other should work good enough to get me going down=

the road.  =

The only thing that makes any sense to me with the straps I have is that
they were to loop through the trace buckle and buckle back on themselves.=
 =

There are only holes at the end of the strap,  none much further back lik=
an adjustment place for the buckle, and the holes in the strap are pretty=

small, for the buckle on the strap and not nearly big enough for the trac=
buckle.  =

I did have one person suggest trying to stretch the traces keepers,  ther=
are 6 of them.  =

I have had several ask what kind of harness it is.  I haven't seen any ma=
rk
on it.  Is there a  typical location I could check?  I am fairly certain =
it
is European made, but it has a sorted history...............VBG.  I bough=
it from a woman who bought it at Martins at the Friday night appointments=

auction for almost twice what I paid for it.  She ended up buying smaller=

horses and had never used it. =

I suppose if there is someone out there interested in 6 in hand reins,  I=

could call Daniel and tell him not to cut them down. =

It also came with rollar bolt traces.  Very nice with stainless hardware.=
 =

I can't imagine I will ever have a vehicle with rollar bolts,  if someone=

out there could use them.  =

Marjean =