[drivingpairs] jeanine's pair set-up

  • From: Hzlax@xxxxxxx
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 12:56:21 EST

In a message dated 12/17/2006 11:03:57 PM Pacific Standard Time,
ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>   When I hitch its:  Reins, snap shackle to kidney link, unhook
> martingale snapshackle from kidney link and snap to neck yoke, outside trace
> to snap shackle (I leave those on my carriage  singletrees as well) and
> inside trace to snap shackle.  Reverse order to unhitch.

All sounds fine to me, but perhaps you can save one step and don't need to
unhook the martingale snapshackle from the kidney link and snap it to the yoke.
That's the way draft horses have their set up - and there it is perhaps
necessary for heavier loads. But for carriage driving (e.g. lighter carriages)
we
usually keep the false martingale attached to the collar.
Just a suggestion to make life easier.
Hardy