[drivingpairs] introduction

  • From: "Black Dog Hill" <koenenb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 18:52:32 -0600

Hi all,

Just introducing myself to the list.  I live in Grande Prairie, Alberta,
Canada.  It's a small, northern community and my husband and I have lived
here for 4 years now.  We own a 1/4 section (160 acres) of treed property
and have 1 sport horse and 3 mules.  I've been training and riding horses
for pleasure for over 20 years but I'm brand spanking new to both driving
and mules.  I have a pair of Fiord, pony height, mules that I hope will make
a good team if I can get them into a harness together.  The goal is to have
them help us with logging because we want to create a network of
riding/walking/skiing trails on this property. (We have a tractor but it
will be WAY more fun using the mules to do it!)  Once the trails are built I
hope to cart with them but not competitively.

My other reason for joining this list is to learn more about harness.  I
work with leather and up until now have been making small personal projects
(halters, bridles, etc).  Now that I have a possible team I want to make my
own harness.  I'm looking for really good, close up pictures of harness that
I can use to help me with this project.  I have lesson plans for making
harness but want to learn more about harness before I start building.  I
hope to customize my harness to do what I want/need it to do and be able to
use it for a variety of things.

I'm looking forward to learning from everyone's knowledge.

Cindy