[drivingpairs] hello

  • From: Production Acres <cdhoward@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 09:05:18 -0500

                       thought I'd lurked long enough...my name is Tamara and
we run a little place here in TN....nice to see the conversations on Tandems...

                  the first animals I ever drove regularly were a big black
team of black perch  full brothers named  barney and jasper...hooked to  vis a
vis with red  velvet  interior  pulling tourists thru  "redneck Aspen" [aka
Gatlinburg/Sevierville TN ] in 1989...

           the regular driver was a no show and the boss mildly intoxicated and
more than a little angry at the no show said "drive them up to the Applewood
(resturant) and load some damed tourists..."

                      I had only really ridden for him at this point  but that
had been about 5 years but NEVER had been aloowed to TOUCH the big team short
of helping hitch up and turning out and in....

 so says I " how do I do that??"

 he says (many many many swear words deleated  for polite readers <g>)

                             " the left rein goes  left and the right rein goes
right and surely to God you can figure out the foot brake???"

       it was quite an adventure that first  night  but happily no yankee
tourists were killed or injured <g>

      back to hiding...

       Tamara in TN