[drivingpairs] Re: drivingpairs Digest V5 #21

  • From: "M. Mitchell Duchnowski" <donkey_mom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 04:53:33 -0800 (PST)

--- FreeLists Mailing List Manager <ecartis
> again, and so did the hopping. Turned out a leader
> trace had drooped and got
> behind her armpit, so everytime the leader moved
> forward, he yanked her legs
> out in front ! What a good girl to just hop and look
> indignant !(and Whoa)
>
> Dana

That has happened to me a couple of time - Angel
getting the leader trace caught behind her elbow.  She
just balks until we get it straightened out.

I was going on a "hack" (love the expression!) last
week with a boarder.   As we were passing her house
her dogs came bouncing out to bark at her.   She
screamed at her dogs and caused her pony to bolt.   In
the commotion, I had my guys completely halted but
with the dogs whirling around and the pony bolting
off, we ended up jackknifted.   By the time my helper
got out of the cart to head the leader, the leader had
done a complete 180 and the traces and lines were a
hopeless mess.   Neither leader nor wheeler moved
until we unhitched and rehitched them back up.   I
just love those guys.

Martha

Martha D
Silk Purse Farm, VA