[drivingpairs] Re: drivingpairs Digest V2 #39

  • From: "JOHN & ERIKA PORTER" <cypresskeep@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 16:31:57 -0500

Kathy,

Thanks for the idea on the pole. Have you tried
using a leveler bar to connect the single trees
to the carriage?  I thought in tight turns it
might help keep both the horses in draft.  Any
ideas.

By the way; we had just had the marathon
carriage upside down adding a 1-inch lift block
to the back axel to keep it from hitting the
navigators step. A result was that I had
inspected the entire system and bled the break
lines.  I had also shortened to pole 6 inches to
get the boys in closer, so I had sanded and re-
panted the pole.  I did not see any indication
of metal fatigue on the pole or the rod between
the pedal and the master cylinder.

Some times not matter how well you prepare
equipment fails.

John Porter & Erika Matulich
CYPRESS KEEP
www.cypresskeep.com