[drivingpairs] Re: drivingpairs Digest V1 #3

  • From: "phailo" <phailo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 07:32:13 -0600

> Hi Sterling
>
> Nice looking tandem.  How do you like the "broller" with the tandem bars?
It
> looked like you were using long traces for dressage, and the bars for
marathon,
> right?

Hi Jay,
    They have their moments! I like the combi-collar. It does change the
angle of draft, although not as much as a full collar perhaps, it is
adjustable, and well padded at the top. I have seen some that I didnt like,
but this one is German, and very well made. It did hang a little lower than
I would have preferred, but this is half of a pair set, and the main dee was
offset, so I had to hang it off the martigale "D" instead. no problems, even
when they did silly pair things. I may switch to a side-seated postition
next time, as with a 16.2+ wheeler, I could not see as much as I might have
preferred. I definitely need something more for cones, as I was not in good
position for that exercise. I still like the long traces for dressage, but I
think I will keep using bars for the marathon. At least until I see someting
that makes me think otherwise. There is a little less room for errror if you
end up in a "T formation", asthe traces catch the leader sooner with the
tandem bars. Happy Tandemania all!
Sterling