[drivingpairs] driving new pair

  • From: "Camptown Harness: David McWethy" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 18:10:13 -0500

Hi Colleen

I have an answer for you too, but my subscription to Driving Pairs is
screwed up just now.  My suggestion is that it is okay to start a green
horse in a pair if you have an experienced one already there.  I will do
this if I have a horse that is very anxious about being off by itself.  It
will actually be quieter in a pair than single.  If you have any question of
control, have shorter traces on the green one, so if it should get frisky,
it can't get ahead of the other.  If it gets ahead, you no longer have
contact with the experienced horse, the one whose help you need.

Dave