[drivingpairs] Re: dressage arena with drawing

  • From: PonyLady02@xxxxxxx
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, patti.atkinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 10:04:39 EDT

The PVC pipes are in off the outer borders by about 5-7 meters along M & H
and F & K.  In all the tests I have seen...my rule book is down at the barn in
the horse trailer, so I can't check... none of the movements start until you
reach the first letter, so the poles are out of the way.  You can do a double
deviation, a long diagonal, and even a 10 m circle in the corner using the 40 x
100.

I hope the drawing will show up in the post.  If it doesn't I'll e-mail it to
anyone that would like to see it.
This is ADS Intermediate Test 2 (I don't have the advanced tests done yet).
It shows a 40 x 100 m arena.  If you were to put the poles in you would see
that they don't interfere with any of the movements.  It's the same for the FEI
advanced tests.  The only thing you can't do is have the letters up for both
the lower levels and advanced.  I put them in for the lowers and assume the
advanced drivers know where they are.  If you use your dressage court more for
advanced drivers I'd do the reverse.  I use my Training & Preliminary dressage
test drawings to set cones courses in the dressage field that won't interfere
with the lower level tests.  At one of the events that ADS President Jody
Cutler puts on the cones are preset in the dressage court.  You do your
dressage
test, salute the judge & go directly to the start position for your cones
course.  It works great and saves a lot of work the morning of the event. Once
you
get past Prelim it's hard to have a cones course preset in the dressage court
because there are so many more movements.

Renie in Ramona, CA
<A HREF="Gilcrest Welsh Ponies">www.gilcrestwelshponies.com</A>

-- Type: image/jpeg
-- File: Untitled02