[drivingpairs] colored harness

  • From: "Camptown Harness" <marjean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 07:59:08 -0500

"Other colored " harness : do you mean colored trim on parts of it
(nosebands, breast collars, breeching, browbands. .  or all over ?

   As a judge, I would not want to see other than russett or black harness
at a pleasure show or in dressage and cones phases of a marathon. If it is
beastly weather conditions, (as were at Fair Hill for driven dressage day,)
it would not bother me to see people using their synthetic or marathon
harness to save the "good stuff'.

 On marathon get as loud and colored as you want, as long as it fits and is
comfortable for the horse.

Dana in SE PA.

At Camptown, I make harness parts that are the neck strap, hip straps, brow
band and nose band.  You can also get reins. We make them to interchange
with any  brand of harness.  My idea was to have some fun on the marathon
without the, for most people, unrealistic expense of a second harness that
could not be used in other circumstances, just as you say.  It is suprising
how much color just the straps add.  I sent Helen a couple pictures that she
has posted to the pairs web site, if you are curious.

Marjean