[drivingpairs] carriage purchase do's and don't

  • From: "SLittle" <Salger@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 20:45:34 -0400

I need advice on what I need for a second vehicle.  Presently I drive a pair
of 15.2 Morgans to painted wagonette.  It has a 5th wheel and great turning
capability.  I have used it for presentation and for cones.  It works great
for those 2 classes BUT I really want to do ADT so I want a "hazard
vehicle".

If I do ADTs, it would only be few each year.  As such, the purchase of a
marathon war wagon seems over done.  And yet I need a vehicle for everyday
(drives in the woods and mud) and ADT.  I understand it might not be as nice
for presentation but I am in this for fun and learning.  I don't need to
have the latest and the greatest (only fitted properly and safe).

So, what vehicle would work for everyday and hazards?  I am gathering
information so please wait on any "we have lots of vehicles to choose from"!
This is a big purchase and I really want to hear what do's and don't you all
recommend.

Thanks in advance.