[drivingpairs] carriage in pickup

  • From: Peter and Mary Jane Atonna <mjatonna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: driving pairs <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 11:06:43 -0700

We have been hauling a pickup with a two horse bumper pull for 15 years.  I
can't convince my husband to get a big trailer because he likes to stay in
motels.  We have a Ford F250 4x4.  The carriage is a 4 wheel built the
dimension to roll between the wheel wells.  We have sunk holes in a slight
hill for the back wheels of the truck to go into that make the tail gate of
the trauck level with the ground to load the carriage.   One person just
pushes it in using the pole and then removes the pole and places it between
the wheels in the pickup bed.  The horses are 16 hands so the two horse
trailer is a 7 foot high slant with extra width for their long bodies and a
dressing room for all the stuff.  At the events there is always lots of help
to roll the carriage up the ramps into the pickup.
    Mary Jane Atonna in Az