[drivingpairs] Re: calendar

  • From: C B <draftmolly@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 12:43:29 -0500 (EST)

Yes it is a Mischka Farm calendar and funny, I studied all the photo details
too!  The website addy is www.mischka.com  They offer discounts to retailers
and groups so maybe some of you belonging to groups could use them as fund
raisers.

Cindy
FreeLists Mailing List Manager <ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
drivingpairs Digest Wed, 28 Jan 2004 Volume: 03 Issue: 016

In This Issue:
[drivingpairs] virus
[drivingpairs] calendar and collar pads
[drivingpairs] Re: calendar and collar pads
[drivingpairs] Re: calendar and collar pads

From: "Helen Roeder"
Subject: [drivingpairs] virus
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 09:18:36 -0600

Members,
The virus Noel mentioned is very prolific. It's 9AM here, and already there
have been over a hundred attempts at my computer. Yesterday, there were pages
of attempts on my virus scanners reports. Apparently, it only began Jan. 26th,
so you may not have heard about it on the news yet. Please update your virus
scanners or buy one if you don't already have one, and make sure your updates
are current. Otherwise, you're going to be spreading the virus. Even if you are
not personally sending emails, the virus will be doing it for you ....with the
bug.
Helen Roeder
Sunshine Pony Farm,
El Hasa Sport Ponies and
www.drivingpairs.com

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 19:55:08 -0500 (EST)
From: C B
Subject: [drivingpairs] calendar and collar pads

Hi all,

I used to post as koenenb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx but changed email addys so while
draftmolly@xxxxxxxx is new, I'm not a new member.

I just received a mule calendar that is just so wonderful I wanted to
share. I was so surprised when I opened it to January and saw a picture
of my friend Irene riding her mule Jessie. I was even more surprised to
see LOTS of multiples in the driving pics. February to May all have
pairs (or teams depending on the discipline)doing everything from
pleasure to CDE's and Pulling contests. August is a georgeous photo of nine
mules, three abreast plowing. September is a 16 mule hitch with a
smaller photo of a four abreast down below. The pics are georgeous, the mules
are beautiful.

I have no affiliation to the company but I highly recommend this
calendar if you want a driving calendar with multiple hitches, or a mule
calendar. They also advertise horse calendars for riding and driving but I
haven't seen any of them in person.
I don't know if I can post their website addy here so if anyone is
interested, email me privately and I'll forward it on.

I recently bought a good, second hand team harness. It was used in pulling
contests and is pared down to nothing extra while all stress points are heavily
reinforced. It should be perfect for logging and farming. It just arrived and
it sure makes me want to get out there and practice... now if the temperature
would only get off the -40C mark!! (That's -40F for those of you in the USA and
I'm NOT fibbing!!!) Not doing any driving at all until THAT changes.

Question re: pads.... I searched the archives and couldn't find any info on
pads. I have a 22" collar that will fit my molly but I'll have to pad it. Can
anyone suggest the best type of pads... wool, fleece, cotton??? I've seen many
varieties in use but don't know what's best and don't want to burn her.

Cindy

---------------------------------

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 21:35:14 -0500
From: noel jones
Subject: [drivingpairs] Re: calendar and collar pads

Cindy,

Please go ahead and post the web address, if this is the one I think it
is they have a variety of calendars that are wonderful...
--
noel jones, aago
co_moderator

noeljones@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
moderator, rodgers organ users group
frog music press
www.frogmusic.com
423 887-7594
athens, tn, usa

Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 21:48:05 -0800
From: Peter & Rachel Eldred

These sound like Mischka Farm calendars, and if they are, they are indeed
beautiful. I've been getting the driving horse one for several years now,
wouldn't miss 'em! I love having these clear photos to examine, so I can see
what type of equipment everyone is using, and how a really good turnout
should look. Very educational.
Rachel