[drivingpairs] barefoot trimming and hoof boots

  • From: Peter & Rachel Eldred <preldred@xxxxxxx>
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2006 21:33:13 -0800

I would like to know what any other VSE drivers do to protect all those
little feet while they’re driving. I can’t imagine that anyone can get their
horse(s) fit enough just doing ring work. You have to get out on the roads
and trails, and I’m sure they don’t all have bulletproof feet. One of my
pair doesn’t mind gravel at all, the other is definitely ‘ouchy’, at least
in the spring until he toughens up. I don’t like traditional metal shoes on
little feet, there’s not much to nail to after all. Boots seem like such a
pain (especially when you have to put 8 on each time you drive). I love the
sound of Ground Control Horseshoes, but they don’t come small enough. Any
suggestions?

Rachel in BC

(dreaming of weather dry enough to drive in)