[drivingpairs] barefoot trimming

  • From: "Helen G. Roeder" <sunshinefarm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Pairs List" <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 08:29:41 -0600

Would like to bring up a discussion on the subject of barefoot trimming and ask
those who use it to tell about any marked differences in your horses' feet and
movement.   Do you use any horse boots?   If so, which type?   Use them to
compete, too?   On all four feet, or only the front?

I was using trimmed Easy Boots back in the early 90s.   They were great, but
too difficult to put on and take off.   I only used them on the front feet, but
for a pair, that's four boots to put on.   I was much younger then, and the
boots haven't gotten any easier to put on.

I had all my horses trimmed by a certified barefoot trimmer last week.   She
took about an hour with each horse.   I was amazed and very impressed with her
work and her generosity with her knowledge.   Once again, I realized I'm always
the last one to know.

So I want to learn more about it and would appreciate some input on this
subject.   Thanks.