[drivingpairs] age work

  • From: Hzlax@xxxxxxx
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 12:45:09 EDT

In a message dated 8/30/2004 12:06:40 AM Pacific Standard Time,
ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> Subject: [drivingpairs] Re: age work
> Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 11:40:21 -0700
>
> Really ?
>
> ...and the advice I seem to get is drive my pair as singles to get some =
> more
> handle on them...
>
> Curious...

The difference with your pair, Beverly, by what I remember of them from
e-mail conversations and posts here, but never having seen them, could very
well
be, that your ponies are no youngsters anymore, but are older already, and
should know their stuff, but perhaps give you a hard time in the pair, right?
But
with your older animals, the way I see it from here,  we are not talking
starting them, neither physically nor emotionally. Nor do we have a concern
with
your older animals to perhaps overfacing them with work, which we do have with
Carol's 2 year old youngster. So in your case, single work may be the answer,
so that YOU get more familiar with each of your ponies and get more of a handle
on each of them.
Good luck
Hardy