[drivingpairs] adding seat to a flyer

  • From: "Helen Roeder" <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Pairs List" <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 10:09:40 -0600

BlankNancy,  =20

I too have a very old flyer with no groom seat.   Here's what I did:   =
Found a machine shop with ability to bend metal, specifically aluminum.  =
 They made me one sheet of aluminum with several bends to fit the =
bends/contours of the back of the carriage.   With two hooks on the top, =
I hook it over the back bar of the groom stand.   If they bend it in the =
right places, it will never touch the carriage, except where it is =
hooked and at the bottom, where it rests.  Then I had it covered in =
fabric to match the seat.   When it is attached to the carriage it looks =
sort of like a back to back trap...sort of.  If you'd like a photo, let =
me know and I'll send it to you privately.   The list cannot accept =
attachments.

Helen

-- Type: text/x-vcard
-- File: Helen Roeder.vcf