[drivingpairs] YIKES! diane - what a pair! and yankee britching

  • From: Kathleen Conklin <conklink@xxxxxxx>
  • To: driving pairs pairs <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 22:02:54 -0500

i think i say this to you every time i see pictures of this pair -
WOW - those shady oaks pictures are WONDERFUL!

i like the look and the engineering of the yankee britching and think
i will have mine made like that too.  i know that lots of people
don't use britching with pairs but i am of the school of "whatever
makes it safer i'm going to do".  in my world there are just too many
things i can't control when i'm out driving and using equipment that
helps to keep the carriage from bumping into the mules seems a total
no-brainer to me.  i also use rubber band safety stirrups on all my
riding saddles and a kicking strap on jh when i drive him single even
tho he has NEVER bucked in harness or under saddle.

i'm paranoid <G> and proud of it!  AGAIN, WHAT A PAIR...they make my
heart beat faster!

tally ho,
kathleen, john henry \  / & agnes \  /
http://john.henry.org