[drivingpairs] With or without britching

  • From: "Helen G. Roeder" <sunshinefarm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 09:22:06 -0600

Jan, I'm so glad you clarified which 'rule book' the no-britching rule is in.
Some of us were thinking ADS rule book.   That rule doesn't affect anyone
unless they show in that breed's driving classes.

Personally, I drive my pair without britching.   I have been driving pairs
without britching since the first day I hitched and drove a pair.   I hitched
with the britching, but when my trainer checked everything, he removed the
backstrap and britching....been driving that way ever since....that was almost
20 years ago.

Have heard differing opinions on this subject for years.   Guess it depends on
who is offering the opinion.

Helen
  The rule is in the American Shetland Pony Club, National Show Pony, and
American Miniature Horse Registry, available on their web site:
www.shetlandminiature.com