[drivingpairs] Re: We Can Drive!

  • From: dogsnponies@xxxxxx
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 20:55:50 -0500

Boy am I with you!  It was a balmy 60 in NJ today so I took a ride up to drive
my green pair.  They are tight to the pole and round but wild.  I'm worried I
can't manage the two side by side.  A tandem was easier.  They seem to feed
off each other and want to go as fast as possible.  I was happy to have Herb
Cassidy take them back from me after a way too speedy turn with ever agile Foxy
hopping on and off the carriage.  I hope I am not going completely wimpy in my
old age but man can they go!

Herb made them walk and stand a lot.  A trot was only for a short time as a
reward.  I think they both need alot more single time.

'Boot sucking season' is a great description.  I have red clay mud and you
don't dare go out without Wellies.  I made an error with rubber clogs before
changing.  Then did one pasture pirouette in the Wellies today but stayed
upright.  You can't even kick the stuff off your boots. It takes a hose on jet
spray!

Tracey