[drivingpairs] Re: Wanted -- pony pair (and a spare if it's available)

  • From: "Wendy Ying" <wendy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 04:44:16 -1000

Hi Renie,

welcome to the east coast !  I thought of the perfect pair for you...Megh=
an Benge in texas has a very nice pair of 6 yr old 13 hh welsh sec C bay =
Lemontree ponies.  They are related to Dale Govus' pony Izzy who is compe=
ting at prelim.  I think they are both geldings and i know they drive sin=
gle and pair.  there is a picture on her site.. search for stars and stri=
pes ponies.

  I also forwarded your email to Teresa Lemon and she is sending you out =
a video of her other Lemontree welsh ponies that she has on the farm in i=
owa.  The others are yearlings-4 yr olds sec Cs and a few sec Bs.  The 3 =
and 4 yr olds have been handled and have good ground manners but have not=
 been broken.  They range in size between 12 hh- 14 hhs.
 here is teresa's email ....lemon.teresa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

good luck and have fun pony shopping :)

wendy

Wendy Ying, DVM
Irish Hobby Farm
Bluemont, VA
www.irishdraught.us

> As some of you know I lost my Welsh driving pair in an accident last Ma=
rch.  My right arm is healing and even though I'm not quite ready physica=
lly to get back to driving I getting anxious.  I have recently moved to S=
outh Carolina and have a great farm with terrific trails.  As soon as the=
 hay is cut I will pick a spot for the dressage field.  It will be nice t=
o do more than dream about driving around this new farm.
> So, I've decided it's time to get serious and start looking for a new p=
ony pair (and a spare if it's available).  If you have something for sale=
 send me photos and details via e-mail or snail mail.  If the ponies look=
 like something I might be interested in then I will need to see video of=
 them standing and being driven. If you think you have the perfect pair, =
then don't wait send me a video NOW.

> I drive Single, Pair & occasionally Tandem and Four for pleasure, at ro=
undy, round shows and my favorite is CDE's.  They must have the POTENTIAL=
 to be CDE ponies. Here are my preferences:
> must be ponies, I know there are a lot of great horse pairs out there b=
ut I want ponies;
> between 12.2-13.2 hands, so they will fit all the equipment I already o=
wn!
> will consider a terrific pair of larger ponies but, NOTHING smaller tha=
n 12.2;
> 4-8 years old;
> mares or geldings doesn't matter;
> prefer Welsh but will consider others (no hackneys', fjord's or heavy d=
raft types);
> must already be going as singles or better yet as a pair;
> can be green;
> must have the potential to go advanced in a CDE.
>
> I have been driving since 1974 (I'm proud to be a member in good standi=
ng of MOLDs!) and competing in CDE's since 1989.  If you are concerned ab=
out my driving abilities (due to my accident and the loss of ponies) I wi=
ll be happy to give you references of folks who can attest to my abilitie=
s.  Even though I prefer not to I will discuss the accident if you need t=
o hear about it.