[drivingpairs] Voice Commands and New Pair

  • From: "Bettyann Seablade" <shadowbrook@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 13:29:07 -0400

Hi

I don't use too many voice commands.  I use "annnnnnnd annnnd" and say walk
or say trot or say whoa.  This annnnnnnd is sort of like a  half halt to
them.  The ears come back and they wait for the next command.  I have found
this to be excellent for them.  They do better with the annnnnnnnnnnnnd.
Jeff Morse taught me that at a clinic and it has been working good.  I use
it for different gaits in a pleasure class and also in Dressage for my
halts.  They seem to halt better.

I drive a pair of Shetland Mares.  I am also working on a pair of Shetland
Geldings who are a little bit bigger.  I ground drove them together last
week and they did wonderful.  They each drive single.  I can't wait to hitch
them together to the carriage.  Does anyone have any advice for when I can
do this?  Should I just go ahead or should I wait and ground drive them
together more.  Betty