[drivingpairs] Virus warnings are OFF TOPIC

  • From: TXLIPPITT@xxxxxxx
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 12:32:05 EDT

In a message dated 9/6/03 5:59:55 AM, gedeckt@xxxxxxxx writes:

> NO VIRUS MESSAGES.  That's it. Period.

Noel...

Have a bran mash...   One person who was well intentioned, wanted to share
what they thought was a serious problem.   Others knew it was a hoax and
advised
the group accordingly, so now we have a better informed, more knowledgeable
group about this hoax.  Many learned something from it.   So what's the harm?

Why is it so heinous to report what one person thought was useful
information, when others blatantly tag nearly every one of their messages with
their
"frogmusic" advertisement?   Personally, I'd rather see someone LEARN something
from this list, than be peppered with someone's self serving advertisements
that
have nothing to do with driving.

This list has gotten ridiculously oversensitive about what information is
posted.   Maybe people would post more to this list if they weren't terrified
that they were going to be smacked in the head for what they believed was
useful
information to the group.

And now I'm going to clean my pairs harness and groom up my pair, and hitch
the pair, and drive the pair to a new pairs vehicle.   I'm going to get some
current video of the pair because this pair is for sale.   I hope this is one
of
the limited sanctioned weekends we are allowed to mention pairs sale items.
If not, please hold this message until we get to one of the permitted
weekends, then print it out and read.

Let's lighten up on this list, that virus post was well intentioned.  Maybe
if this list was more friendly to its members, we would have more participants
on it, and we would all learn something to enrich our lives in pairs driving.
 Maybe we would have more discussions, but people are afraid of getting
beaned in the head for what they want to share with others.

Jon
Aswyn-Morgan Horse Pairs Farm
Justin, Texas