[drivingpairs] Uneven Hoof Wear

  • From: kathy robertson <goodhors@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 19:14:19 -0800 (PST)

I would agree with Jerry and his remarks about uneven
shoe wear.  The lack of hoof balance or an impending
problem has always been the problem when, we see shoes
that wear unevenly.

There is no changing the way body parts  fit when
horse gets beyond early foalhood.  The bony parts fit
each other, you have to work with what he has.
Changing his leg angles severely, 'correcting him',
moves problem to another place on his body.

Kathy Robertson