[drivingpairs] To introduce myself...

  • From: "MARGARET TOWNSEND" <NAMGO@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 11:12:49 -0700

 Hello!
   I am computer-illiterate, and have never belonged to this kind of a group
before, so have no idea whether/how this will show up, but will compose it with
confidence that it will work!!
   My name is Margo. After a lifetime of riding(which I still do,on occasion; I
have an APHA mare, who I wish was a hand shorter--I am 62, so I am half-a-hand
shorter than I once was, and mounting has NOT gotten any easier!!) However, I
have now been driving since @ '87. I have AMHA (34" and under)Miniatures, so
that is my experience(though I am starting a pony-1/2 Hackney, 1/2 mini-to be a
single). In the past three years or so, I have FINALLY gotten around to driving
a pair, using a bay 34" gelding I raised, and a 32" I bought to drive with him.
PAIRS ARE SUCH FUN!! I have a mini-sized back-to-back trap made by Jack Stewart
at Golden Horse and Carriage, and this summer I bought a darling mini
buckboard...so far, have done only our State Fair parade with the buckboard,
and a couple of other parades with the trap--but am looking forward to doing
more things, with both vehicles! Just recently,a friend who drives Fjords put
me onto the CD-L, and now, courtesy of a link posted on the Lil Beginnings
Miniature Horse Forum, I have found this group....I am THRILLED!!
  So--I am happy to be here, and look forward to participation!!
  Regards to all,
  Margo Cox-Townsend
  New Mexico