[drivingpairs] Tandem Questions

  • From: "Anewton" <anewton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 11:14:12 -0500

    First I am the proud owner of a beautiful Camptown Tandem Harness. Thanks
so much Dave!! I opted for Beta lines, do any of you foresee a problem with
using Beta instead of leather. I am using neck collars and had a couple of
questions. First , I don't have tandem keys or a tandem buckle on my wheelers
harness. The hames maker put a large SS ring at the edge of the steeple draft
where it connects to the short trace strap normally (feel free to correct me
here) the leader would hook into the wheeler at the buckle of the short trace.
Now where I would be hooking in is on the hames juncture closer to the collar
rather than the buckle. I can't find this set up anywhere else, so is this
going to be a problem. I know with the leader out of draft it won't but what
will happen when the leader is in draft The ring itself is solid and does not
interfere with the function of the hames or  where it connects with the short
trace and is joined into the SS metal part not leather of the hames not the
leather part.
    I do have a false martingale for the wheeler. Does this have to be hooked
onto a kidney link as part of the hames or can it just be hooked into the
leather hames strap at the bottom of the collar?
Thanks for your help!!

Ansley