[drivingpairs] Re: Re stallions as a pair..

  • From: FriesianPrDriver@xxxxxxx
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 15:59:39 EDT

I drive our Friesian stallion with his full sister - they actually  make a
perfect pair - totally different under saddle, yet move as one when  harnessed
together.  We did Saratoga Driving Assoc.'s HDT several  yrs ago - got many
compliments on how wonderful and well behaved  they were, and how well suited -
most people did not know he was a stallion  until we mentioned it.  (He knows
his big sister would kick his butt  if he tried anything - totally respects
her!)  We may eventually drive him  with his son, who is still an intact
yearling.  At least - that  was the original idea.......so I guess we'll let
you know
in two years or  so!

Karen  Wilkin
Star Cross Stable Friesian Horses & Sport Ponies
47 Yellowbrook  Rd.
Freehold, NJ 07728
P: 732-919-3827
F: 732-919-3828