[drivingpairs] Re: Rachel in BC

  • From: "jerrell friz" <jfriz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 13:56:23 -0700

Hi Noel.
Dressage tests can be downloaded from the ADS site.

I don't understand what you are saying to use cones on a dressage test.   The
different levels in cones are mainly the width of the cones. I would suggest
using a narrower width when in practice. At least one level above your level.
However, when first starting a green horse, I would suggest a very --- W  I  D
E ---  cone sitting, and slowly bringing the cones together. Some horses, will
try to duck away from the cones. If your horse is ducking open up the space.

Regards,
Jerry Friz
Anderson, CA.